Green Solutions - Vital Zuman 2009-2010 Farm Box Program
For only $45/wk ($167/mo) your family gets...
- fresh, organic, locally grown produce!
- five organic recipes per month from local chefs
- five percent (5%) of your payment goes directly to schools or charities (approx $83.25 per year)
- annual subscribers will receive a box to store their monthly recipes
- special invitations to cooking and education events held in our community throughout the year!
For a list of the sample contents in the box, see below. Please note that the box program will only run for
the 37 weeks that school is in session. (During winter and spring breaks, boxes can be purchased directly
from Vital Zuman farm.) A 2010 Summer Subscription program will also be available separately with
pick-up from Vital Zuman Farm.
By purchasing local, organic, sustainable produce through this farm box program, you are
helping your family, your child’s school, your community, and your planet.
Download your Farm Box application here
* click "download" to get the form *
...What's in your farm box?
The actual types of produce will vary based on the seasons, but your typical weekly box would include
the following amount: one salad bag, one bag of cooking/blending greens, four potatoes, one onion,
one garlic, four avocados, four tomatoes, eight pieces of fruit in season, and two squash.
A sampling of fruits and vegetables that might be included in your box is listed below. The actual
types of produce from Vital Zuman farm will vary based on the season.
And for great Farm Box Recipes click here...
- Arugula- Year Round
- Beans- Year Round
- Beets- Year Round
- Broccoli- Year Round
- Carrots- Year Round
- Cauliflower- Year Round
- Chard- Year Round
- Chinese Peas- Year Round
- Corn – Year Round
- Cucumbers- Year Round
- Endive- Summer
- Garlic- Fall
- Heirloom Tomatoes- Summer, Fall
- Herbs- Year Round
- Kale- Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring
- Mixed Lettuce- Summer, Fall, Winter Spring
- New Zealand Spinach- Summer, Fall
- Okra- Fall, Winter
- Onions- Fall, Winter
- Peppers- Summer, Fall
- Potatoes- Fall, Winter
- Pumpkin- Fall, Winter
- Radishes- Fall, Winter
- Summer Squash- Year Round
- Sweet Potatoes- Fall, Winter
- Tomatoes (Cherry, Roma)- Summer
- Various Small Winter Squash- Year Round
- Wild Spinach- Summer, Fall
- Winter Squash- Summer, Fall, Winter
- Figs- Summer, Fall
- Mulberries- Summer, Fall
- Avocadoes- Summer, Fall
- Citrus- Year Round
- Boysenberries- Summer
- Melons- Fall
- Cherimoya- Fall, Winter
- Guava- Fall, Winter
- Peaches- Summer, Fall
For great Farm Box Recipes click here...